Hey Cakers and Bakers!
Lately I’ve gotten complaints about how heavy and thick regular frosting can be. I totally get it! Sometimes the icing on the cake is just too much!
This recipe is for the people who don’t want the heaviness of regular frosting but still want something a little sweet on top of their cake! *I recommend this frosting to pair with a denser cake.
Bake time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- *optional caramel sauce
- Place mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream and caramel extract to beat for a minute
- Then pour the sugar in one scoop at a time into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes
- When piped drizzle the lukewarm caramel sauce over the whipped frosting.
- Serve and Enjoy!
* Be careful not to over beat whipped cream
*Also make sure the caramel sauce is not piping hot! It will melt the whipped frosting.