Donuts! Donuts! Donut
I’ve been craving donuts for a while now and thought, “Hello!!! Bryce! You’re a Baker, just make some!”. So I did. This is the recipe that worked out for me. I also bought a donut pan that I really wanted to try out. As you can see it worked pretty well.
Recipe provided by: http://www.sweetestkitchen.com/
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 12 min
Total Time: 22 min
- 5 tblsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ rounded teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ well-rounded tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F). Lightly grease donut pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt nutmeg and flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the wet ingredients in two parts (mixture may look curdled), alternating with the dry ingredients. Mix last addition of dry ingredients just until combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag or a large ziplock bag with a corner cut off. Pipe batter into the donut pan, filling each donut cavity ½ full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until donuts are golden
- While the donuts are baking, melt the butter for the coating. In another bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar together until completely combined. Pour the cinnamon-sugar mixture into a shallow bowl
- When they’re just cool, dip each donut quickly in the melted butter, gently shake off excess butter, then put the donut in the cinnamon-sugar bowl.
- When coated, gently shake off excess
- Serve and Enjoy!