Prep time: 15 m
Bake time: 1 h 5 m
Total: 1 h 20 m
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter plus 3 tblsp *put aside
- 3/4 cup brown sugar plus 1 tblsp *put aside
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts *optional*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, cinnamon , and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Add the walnuts, stir until incorporated
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Melt the butter put aside and mix brown sugar
- Pour the mixture over the hot banana bread
- Serve and Enjoy!