Hi everyone! Summer is here and it’s a hot one. What could be more refreshing than a lemonade? I mean both the drink and Beyonce’s album. ( I’m so corny haha!)
For the design I used cake pops for the crumb effect. Then put a swirl of vanilla buttercream over actual cake pops.
*recipe provided by: Mycakeschool.com*
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour two 8 inch pans ( my pans are 2 inches deep)
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and zest of 2 lemons. Whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, add the milk, vegetable oil and lemon extract. Whisk to blend.
- Beat the softened butter until lightened in color and smooth. Gradually add the sugar and mix on medium speed 4 to 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until the yellow of the yolk disappears.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk mixture alternately. Begin and end with the flour (3 additions of flour and 2 of milk).
- Mix until combined and smooth, do not mix above medium speed or over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, smoothing the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only a few crumbs attached.