As many of you know last month I went to L.A. Cookie Con. While I was there I bought some Russian pipping tips! I’ve wanted some ever since they came out. They’re so cool and unique, I see people all over the internet making beautiful creations with the Russian tips and I wanted to as well. But first let me shared recipe of the best red velvet cake pops in the universe.
Recipe by: Diva’s Can Cook
Red Velvet cake Ingredients
- 2 cups ca
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbps unsweetened, cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tps vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup plain hot coffee, prepared (don’t skip this ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Generously grease and flour (2) 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
- Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at time, mixing after each addition, just until combined. (Batter will be thin)
- Pour the batter evenly into each pan.
- Bake in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
- Let pans cool on a cooling rack until the pans are warm to the touch.
- Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from the pan.
- Gently remove the cakes from the pan and let them finish cooling. (The warm cake will be very delicate)
- Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely.
Cream Cheese frosting ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.