Hello bakers and food admirers! As a kid did anyone love eating cookie cakes? I remember for school parties the “cool mom” would always bring a cookie cake for us to eat. That memory inspired me to make a cookie cake but with a mature twist. This is a “cake” is three layered Chocolate chip Cookie with sweet American buttercream decorated with edible pearls.
*This is just a little video I made decorating the cookie cake with the 1A Wilton pipping tip.
Chocolate Chip Cookie
*Triple recipe for three layers
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 9in cake pan
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven, or if toothpick comes out clean
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- *optional: edible pearls
- * For same piping decoration use Wilton pipe tip #12
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla.
- Blend in confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy.