Happy 2017! I’m back and ready to bake! Sorry I’ve been gone for so long. I’ve busy with my new job and I didn’t have time to post anything. For my New Years resolution, I vowed to make time for my blog and YouTube channel. I really want to share more of my recipes and make many for you guys. My main goal is to post at least 2 times a week for the blog. To start off the New Year 2017, I made a Champagne cake to celebrate new beginnings and experiences.
Cook time: 30min
Total Time: 1 h 10 m
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup soften butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne *Sweet Champagne
- 6 egg whites
- 2/3 cup champagne
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup soften butter
- 3 tbp. milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Grease a 6-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on cooling rack.
- Stir the champagne and sugar to make the syrup. Pour over the cakes.
- Whisk the confectioners sugar and butter together .
- Add the milk and vanilla into the mixture.
- Ice and layer the cakes. Serve and Enjoy!