Hello everyone! I’m back with new delicious recipes to share! Here are some fudgy chocolate meringue cookies with a chocolate ganache filling! These cookies are awesome with a cup of milk. If your looking for a Fudgy chocolately cookie recipe, then this is perfect to satisfy those chocolate cravings.
Meringue Cookies Ingredients:
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 large cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Place the egg whites into mixer and mix at high speed until foamy
- Gradually add the granulated sugar into the egg whites and continually beat it until shiny soft white peaks are formed
- In a separate bowl mix the cocoa powder and the confectioners sugar together
- Once the soft white peaks are formed gradually add the cocoa powder mixture to the egg whites
- Fold the cocoa powder mixture to the egg white until its completely blended
- Put the blended mixture into a piping bag with a 2D Wilton tip or zip lock bag
- Pipe the meringue cookies on to the cookie sheet
- Bake the cookies for 1 hour, until the cookies are dry and firm
- Let meringue cookies cool on wire racks for 15 minutes
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick), at room temperature and cut into cubes
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
- Warm the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to boil.
- Stir it into the chocolate without creating bubbles. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Add the butter and stir until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator until thickened but still spreadable, about 30 minutes.